You’ll have no problem finding an excellent cruelty-free brand of vegan hair conditioner. A number of companies make vegan conditioners that sell at every price point.
Shampoos and conditioners contain mostly the same ingredients. The one notable difference is that conditioners swap in oils in place of detergents, since the point of conditioners is to replace the natural oils that shampoos strip from the hair. These oils can be either plant or animal based. If they’re plant-based they typically come from coconuts or oil seeds. If they’re animal-based they are almost invariably rendered fats taken from slaughterhouses.
Animal fats are in no way superior to plant oils when it comes to conditioning hair, but they are much cheaper. That’s why non-premium conditioners are rarely vegan.
Vegan & Cruelty-Free Hair Conditioner Products
Here are the bestselling vegan conditioners carried by Amazon.com:
- Acure: Unicorn Shimmer Conditioner
- Aubrey Organics: GPB Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner
- Avalon Organics: Strengthening Peppermint Conditioner
- Beauty Without Cruelty: Daily Benefits Conditioner
- Desert Essence: Fragrance Free Shampoo & Conditioner Bundle
- Garnier: Pure Clean Shampoo and Conditioner
- Giovanni: Balanced Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioner Set
- L’ORÉAL: EverPure Sulfate Free Frizz-Defy Conditioner
- Love Beauty & Planet: Hemp Seed Oil & Nana Leaf Conditioner
- Mineral Fusion: Hair Repair Conditioner Conditioner
- Pacifica: Coconut Power Healing & Moisturizing Conditioner
- Paul Mitchell: Original Leave-in Conditioner and Detangler Conditioner