Do you want to add more quick and easy vegan foods to your diet? Then you’ve come to the right place. This page features a stupendous assortment of ready-to-eat vegan foods. Some of these items are super healthy, while others are guilty pleasures. As you’ll see, vegan convenience foods come in a stupendous assortment of possibilities
The World’s Easiest Vegan Foods
Everything listed on this page is either ready-to-eat or can be made in minutes. These foods are consistently vegan. Nevertheless, always check the ingredients of packaged items so you can know for sure.
Easy Lunches & Dinners
You can make any of these meals in minutes. And not only are these items tasty, most of them are highly nutritious.
- Pre-made vegan sushi (sold by many natural food stores & supermarkets)
- Bagels with nut butter, hummus, or vegan cream cheese
- Baked potatoes or sweet potatoes
- Avocado toast
- Indian vegan curry pouches over frozen microwavable rice
- Roasted vegetables
- Soup or vegan chili (canned)
- Spaghetti & tomato sauce
- Vegan mac & cheese
- Quesadillas with tomato sauce or salsa & vegan cheese
- Brown rice and peanut sauce
- Salads (to increase protein and satiety, top with beans, marinated baked tofu, nuts, or seeds)
- Soup cups, canned soups, & ramen (but watch the salt!)
- Frozen vegan pizzas (Tofurky, Daiya, & some Amy’s)
Quick and Easy Snacks
Sometimes all you want is a quick snack. Please see our vegan snacks page for a complete assortment of delicious and ready-to-eat snack ideas.
No-Fuss Side Dishes
The key to making an effortless vegan transition is to have a pantry and refrigerator full of delicious vegan foods that can be prepared without any fuss.
Here are the most convenient foods to keep in your kitchen. Just give this a read and then take it grocery shopping with you, and your transition to a vegan lifestyle will be halfway complete.
- Pickles & krauts
- Salsa, guacamole, or hummus with sliced veggies or tortilla chips
- Baked yams, sweet potatoes, or potatoes (garnish w/margarine or olive oil & spices)
- Edamame (boiled soybeans)—sold in the freezer of most natural foods and Asian markets
- Broiled Brussels sprouts, sesame oil, chopped hazelnuts, salt
- Hash browns or tater tots
- Frozen vegan waffles (see Van’s)
- Finn Crisp crackers & nut butter or hummus
- Rice cakes spread with almond butter
- Pappadams (microwaved)
When it comes to delicious beverages, vegans have all sorts of convenient options.
- Vegan milks (We recommend unsweetened organic soy or Ripple)
- Coffee (perhaps with vegan creamer)
- Vegan chai
- Fruit smoothies made from unsweetened soy milk & blended fruit
- Fruit or vegetable juices
- Protein powder shake
The Easiest Vegan Cookbooks
There are numerous cookbooks that are entirely devoted to easy vegan recipes. Some excellent recent picks:
- Fast Easy Cheap Vegan, by Sam Turnbull
- Plants Only Kitchen, by Gaz Oakley
- Effortless Vegan, by Sarah Nevins
- One-Pot Vegan Cookbook, by Gunjan Dudani
- Vegan on a Budget, by Olivia Biermann
The above books are only the start of what’s available. For the best recent titles covering every vegan cooking niche imaginable, visit our vegan cookbooks page.
More Vegan Resources and Food Ideas
You can find more convenient vegan foods by checking out our vegan grocery, which features the best deals from Amazon.com.
For more ideas, check out our breakfast, lunch, dinner pages. Additionally, to make sure you’re getting all the nutrients you need, please read our Nutrition Guide. For more help in moving your diet in a plant-based direction, see our, “How to Go Vegan” guide.
If you want to better understand why people move toward plant-based diets, our “Why Go Vegan?” essay offers an excellent introduction.