Eye shadow belongs right up there with lipstick as an essential part of your vegan makeup kit. And just like any other popular sort of makeup, you’ll find plenty of cruelty-free brands.
The best and cheapest way to buy eye shadow is to think in terms of selecting a few different palettes that especially suit a variety of purposes. Maybe your day-to-day look involves warm dark browns, while for festive occasions you want a sparkly primary color to offset your eyes. You’ll find no shortage of vegan eye shadows that will give you whichever look you’re seeking, no matter the occasion. And luckily, several vegan brands are affordable enough that you can spring for an extra palette without breaking the bank.
Most vegan eye shadow brands are prominently labeled as such. Luckily, the pigments used to color eye shadows tend to be vegan. You can cut your shopping time to a minimum by simply choosing any of the products in the following section.
Cruelty-Free Vegan Eye Shadows
Whether you’re seeking warm and natural colors or ultra-pigmented rainbow hues, you’ll find plenty of wonderful vegan products from the links below.
- Afflano: Waterproof Palette (Available in Blue, Purple, Green, Brown, and Red)
- Beauty Glazed: 39 Color Rainbow Fusion Palette
- Cleof: Chocolate Box Natural Palette
- De’Lanci: Avocado Green Eyeshadow Palette
- Jessup: 12-Color Eyeshadow Palette
- Honeybee Gardens: Skinny Dip Palette
- OnlyBetter: Plant Extracts Vegan Eye Shadow Palette
- Pacifica: Pink Nudes and Cosmic Reflect
- Wet n Wild: 5-Pan Makeup Palette (Six Varieties)
Very few eye shadow sets come with brushes, since they’re expensive to make and can last for years. So don’t forget to buy a set of brushes to go with your new eye shadow. Years ago, makeup brushes were invariably made from animal hair, but now you can buy a wide assortment of vegan brushes that feature synthetic bristles. To find them, just visit our makeup brush page.