Cruelty-free vegan deodorants used to be tough to find. But today, so many brands are available that you won’t have trouble finding one you love.
Deodorants and antiperspirants do similar jobs but they work in different ways. Human sweat initially carries almost no odor. But bacteria on the skin feed on it, creating odor-causing fermentation. Deodorants inhibit bacterial growth to keep this fermentation in check. They also typically contain fragrances that at least partially cover up unpleasant odors.
Antiperspirants, by contrast, constrict sweat ducts and thereby block perspiration altogether. There are unsubstantiated concerns that antiperspirants may increase cancer risk by preventing sweat ducts from operating normally. This is seems a dubious claim but regardless, deodorants nevertheless offer a more prudent choice for eliminating body odor.
Everyone has a unique body chemistry, so deodorants that work well for some people may fail horrendously for others. You should therefore try several brands in order to discover which work best for you.
Cruelty-Free Vegan Deodorant
You’ll find every conceivable type of deodorant in the following three lists, made by top personal care companies like Kiss My Face, Acure, and Tom’s of Maine. All brands listed below are cruelty-free and made without animal ingredients.
- Each & Every: Natural Aluminum-Free Deodorant (8 Varieties)
- Herban Cowboy: Blossom Scent
- LaVanila: The Healthy Deodorant
- Myro Plant-Powered Deodorant: Orange+Juniper+Sunflower Scent
- Tom’s of Maine: Fresh Apricot
- Acure: Lavender & Coconut Deodorant
- Breathe Naturals: Deodorant Stick
- CocoPits: Natural Deodorant
- Crystal: Vanilla Jasmine Roll-On and Lavender Mineral Spray
- Kiss My Face: Liquid Rock Roll-On
- Native: Deodorant
- PAPR: All Natural Deodorant
- Primal Life: Stick Up Natural Deodorant
- Verefina: Magnesium Deodorant