Cruelty-free and vegan deodorant used to be tough to find. But today, so many brands are available that you won’t have trouble finding one you love.
Deodorants and antiperspirants do similar jobs but they work in different ways. Human sweat initially carries almost no odor. But bacteria on the skin feed on it, causing odor-causing fermentation. Deodorants inhibit bacterial growth, to keep this fermentation in check. They also typically contain fragrances that at least partially cover up any odors.
Antiperspirants, by contrast, constrict sweat ducts and thereby block perspiration altogether. There are unsubstantiated concerns antiperspirants may increase cancer risk by preventing sweat ducts from operating normally. This is seems a dubious claim but regardless, deodorants nevertheless offer a more prudent choice for eliminating body odor.
Everyone has a unique body chemistry so deodorants that work well for some people may fail horrendously for others. You should therefore try several brands so that you can discover your favorite.
Cruelty-Free Vegan Deodorant
You’ll find every conceivable type of deodorant in the following three lists, made by top personal care companies like Kiss My Face, the Body Shop, and Tom’s of Maine. All brands listed below are cruelty-free and made without animal ingredients.
- Each and Every: For Sensitive Skin
- Herban Cowboy: Blossom Scent
- LaVanila: The Healthy Deodorant
- Love, Beauty, and Planet: Murumuru Butter and Rose
- Lume: Jasmine Rose
- Myro Plant-Powered Deodorant: Pillow Talk Scent
- Tom’s of Maine: Fresh Apricot
- The Body Shop: Maca Root & Aloe
- Herban Cowboy: Sport Deodorant
- North Coast Organics: Revolver
- Tom’s of Maine: Mountain Spring
- Acure: Cedarwood & Mint Deodorant
- Breathe Naturals: Deodorant Stick
- CocoPits: Natural Deodorant
- Crystal: Pomegranate Roll-On
- Kiss My Face: Liquid Rock Roll-On
- Native: Deodorant
- PAPR: All Natural Deodorant
- Primal Life: Stick Up Natural Deodorant
- Schmidt’s: Lime Deodorant
- Verefina: Magnesium Deodorant