Cruelty free deodorant products made from vegan ingredients were once tough to find. But today so many brands are available that you are bound to find one you love.
It’s important to distinguish deodorants from antiperspirants. Human sweat carries almost no odor until ferments by bacteria. Deodorants inhibit bacterial growth and mask the smell of perspiration. Antiperspirants, by contrast, use chemical agents to constrict sweat ducts and block perspiration altogether.
There are unsubstantiated claims that by blocking sweat glands antiperspirants are associated with cancer. This is currently a sketchy claim but regardless, deodorants are likely a more prudent choice for eliminating body odor.
Keep in mind that every individual has a unique body chemistry so deodorant products that work perfectly for one person may fail horrendously for the next. You should therefore try several brands so that you can discover your favorite.
Cruelty-Free Vegan Deodorants
You’ll find every conceivable type of deodorant in the following three lists. All brands are cruelty-free and made without animal ingredients.
- Each and Every: For Sensitive Skin
- Herban Cowboy: Blossom Scent
- LaVanila: The Healthy Deodorant (Top Pick!)
- Love, Beauty, and Planet: Murumuru Butter and Rose
- Lume: Jasmine Rose
- Myro Plant-Powered Deodorant: Pillow Talk Scent
- Tom’s: Fresh Apricot
- The Body Shop: Maca Root & Aloe
- Herban Cowboy: Sport Deodorant
- North Coast Organics: Revolver
- Tom’s: Mountain Spring
- ACURE: Cedarwood & Mint Deodorant
- CocoPits: Natural Deodorant
- Crystal: Pomegranate Roll-On
- Native: Deodorant
- PAPR: All Natural Deodorant
- Schmidt’s: Lime Deodorant
- Verefina: Magnesium Deodorant