Cruelty free and vegan deodorant was once tough to find. But today so many brands are available that you are bound to find one you love.
It’s important to distinguish deodorants from antiperspirants. Human sweat carries almost no odor until ferments by bacteria. Deodorants inhibit bacterial growth and mask the smell of perspiration. Antiperspirants, by contrast, contain chemicals that constrict sweat ducts and block perspiration altogether.
There are unsubstantiated claims that, by blocking sweat glands, antiperspirants may increase cancer risk. This is seems a dubious claim but regardless, deodorants are nevertheless a more prudent choice for eliminating body odor.
Keep in mind that every individual has a unique body chemistry so deodorants that work well for some people may fail horrendously for others. You should therefore try several brands so that you can discover your favorite.
Cruelty-Free Vegan Deodorant
You’ll find every conceivable type of deodorant in the following three lists. All brands are cruelty-free and made without animal ingredients.
- Each and Every: For Sensitive Skin
- Herban Cowboy: Blossom Scent
- LaVanila: The Healthy Deodorant (Top Pick!)
- Love, Beauty, and Planet: Murumuru Butter and Rose
- Lume: Jasmine Rose
- Myro Plant-Powered Deodorant: Pillow Talk Scent
- Tom’s: Fresh Apricot
- The Body Shop: Maca Root & Aloe
- Herban Cowboy: Sport Deodorant
- North Coast Organics: Revolver
- Tom’s: Mountain Spring
- ACURE: Cedarwood & Mint Deodorant
- CocoPits: Natural Deodorant
- Crystal: Pomegranate Roll-On
- Kiss My Face: Liquid Rock Roll-On
- Native: Deodorant
- PAPR: All Natural Deodorant
- Primal Life: Stick Up Natural Deodorant
- Schmidt’s: Lime Deodorant
- Verefina: Magnesium Deodorant