Cruelty-free vegan deodorants were once tough to find. But today, excellent products abound.
Deodorants and antiperspirants do similar jobs but they work in different ways. Fresh human sweat carries almost no odor. But bacteria on the skin feed on it, creating odor-causing fermentation. Deodorants inhibit bacterial growth to keep this fermentation in check. They also typically contain fragrances that partially mask unpleasant odors.
Antiperspirants, by contrast, constrict sweat ducts and thereby block perspiration altogether. There are unsubstantiated concerns that antiperspirants may increase cancer risk by preventing sweat ducts from operating normally. This is seems a dubious claim but regardless, deodorants nevertheless offer a more prudent choice for eliminating body odor.
Everyone has a unique body chemistry, so deodorants that work well for some people may fail horrendously for others. You should therefore try several brands in order to discover which products work best for you.
Cruelty-Free Vegan Deodorant
You’ll find every conceivable type of deodorant in the following three lists. Top brands include Kiss My Face, Herban Cowboy, and Tom’s of Maine. All brands listed below are cruelty-free and contain no animal ingredients.
- Each & Every: Natural Aluminum-Free Deodorant (8 Varieties)
- Herban Cowboy: Blossom Scent
- LaVanila: The Healthy Deodorant
- Love Beauty and Planet: Argan Oil and Lavendar
- Tom’s of Maine: Fresh Apricot
- Breathe Naturals: Deodorant Stick
- CocoPits: Natural Deodorant
- Crystal: Unscented Deodorant Stick and Lavender Mineral Spray
- Kiss My Face: Liquid Rock Roll-On
- Native: Coconut & Vanilla Stick Deodorant
- PAPR: All Natural Deodorant
- Primal Life: Stick Up Natural Deodorant
- Verefina: Magnesium Deodorant