By Erik Marcus
Delicious and versatile, vegan mayonnaise is a wonderful sandwich spread and is also an excellent base for homemade salad dressings. Vegan mayo is also a key ingredient in potato salad and coleslaw. Under United States law, any product labeled as mayonnaise must contain egg yolk. Fortunately, several companies make great vegan mayo products that can fool anyone.
When it comes to animal cruelty, eggs are among the very worst of all non-vegetarian foods. So it’s nice to know you can bypass this misery, by choosing one of these delicious and widely-available brands of vegan mayonnaise.
Vegan Mayonnaise Brands
- Best Foods: Vegan Dressing & Sandwich Spread
- Chosen Foods: Vegan Avocado Oil Mayo
- Earth Balance: Mindful Dressing and Sandwich Spread
- Follow Your Heart: Vegenaise
- Heinz: [Seriously] Good Vegan Mayo (Original & Garlic Aioli)
- Mr. Organic: Free from Mayo
- Sir Kensington’s: Special Sauce Vegan Mayo
- Spectrum: Vegan Light Canola Mayo