Your taste buds are missing out if you don’t bite into something with a nice sour flavor every now and then. Sourdough bread is one delicious way to satisfy your cravings. You can also go with sauerkraut or kimchi. But maybe the purest and most fulfilling sour food of all is sour cream, which has a luscious creamy texture that plays beautifully against its sourness.
It would be a real shame if only dairy-based sour cream delivered this beautifully rounded hit of sour flavor. Happily, there are a number of delicious vegan brands of sour cream. Vegan sour cream is superior to dairy-based sour-creams in that it offers a clean and delicious flavor without causing dairy cows to suffer. Plus, most brands contain far less saturated fat than does dairy-based sour cream.
Several companies make delicious vegan sour creams that are indistinguishable from the dairy variety. These products are widely available at natural food stores.
Vegan Sour Cream brands:
- Follow Your Heart: Dairy-Free Sour Cream
- Forager: Organic Dairy-Free Sour Cream
- Good Karma: Plant-Based Sour Cream
- Kite Hill: Sour Cream Alternative
- Tofutti: Better Than Sour Cream
- WayFare: Dairy Free Soure Cream
- Wild Creamery: Sour Cream Alternative