If you’re seeking a vegan hand and body lotion to rejuvenate and moisturize dry skin, you’ll find a number of excellent cruelty-free products.
As with all other cosmetics, a variety of animal-derived substances find their way into lotions. Oftentimes, these ingredients are labeled with their chemical names, and carry no indication that they are derived from animals. What’s more, most mass-market body lotions contain lanolin, a byproduct of wool-making is not vegan. Fortunately, lanolin doesn’t offer any special qualities unobtainable through plant-based oils.
Luckily, it’s easy to find excellent and reasonably priced vegan lotions—just see the following list.
Cruelty-Free and Vegan Hand & Body Lotions
- 100% PURE: Nourishing Coconut Body Cream
- Attitude: Unscented Body Lotion
- Bliss: Naked Body Butter Maximum Moisture Cream
- Dr. Bronner’s: Organic Body Lotion and Moisturizer
- Everyone: Coconut and Lemon Body Lotion
- Ginger Lily Farms: Soothing Butter Lotion (gallon size!)
- Hempz: Natural Triple Moisture Herbal Whipped Body Cream
- Live Clean: Body Lotion (four varieties)
- Love Beauty & Planet: Body Lotion (four varieties)
- Pacifica: Coconut Cream Body Lotion
- Petal Fresh Pure: Smoothing Coconut Butter
We also offer complete coverage of vegan facial moisturizers.