Cakes are traditionally made with eggs, milk and butter. Yet surprisingly, these ingredients are in no way essential to baking a moist and delicious cake. In many cases you can replace the non-vegan ingredients in your favorite cake recipe with vegan alternatives like vegan butter, soy milk, or egg replacer. Or, better yet, start from scratch with a vegan cake recipe.
Once you order a vegan baking cookbook, you’ll be ready to whip up delicious vegan cake and other desserts that will make people say, “I can’t believe it’s vegan!”
You can also buy vegan cakes from many bakeries, including the bakery department at any Whole Foods Market. Many vegan-friendly restaurants and coffee shops also sell vegan cake.
Vegan Baking Books
- Modern Vegan Baking, by Gretchen Price
- Chloe’s Vegan Desserts, by Chloe Coscarelli
- Sweet Vegan Treats, By Hannah Kaminsky
- Incredible Plant-Based Desserts, by Anthea Cheng
- Vegan Treats: Easy Vegan Bites and Bakes (Gluten-Free), by Emma Hollingsworth
- The Little Vegan Dessert Cookbook, by Laura Crotty