By Erik Marcus
Going vegan does not mean cutting desserts out of your life. You’ve got all sorts of exciting vegan dessert possibilities, including cookies, cakes, donuts, pudding, ice cream, brownies and pies. You can find all of these locally at natural food stores, coffee houses, and restaurants.
If you want to prepare your own desserts, you’ve got many phenomenal vegan dessert cookbooks to choose from, listed in the next section. You can also veganize most existing recipes by making a few simple substitutions. In particular, check out our guide to Egg Replacer and our list of vegan alternatives, which includes vegan milk and whipped cream products.
Vegan Dessert Cookbooks
- Vegan Chocolate Treats, by Ciarra Siller
- Modern Vegan Baking, by Gretchen Price
- Vegan Dessert Cookbook, by Ally Lazare
- Sweet + Salty: The Art of Vegan Chocolates, by Lagusta Yearwood
- Sweet Vegan Treats, by Hannah Kaminsky
- Chocolate-Covered Katie, by Katie Higgins
- Chloe’s Vegan Desserts, by Chloe Coscarelli
- Pure Artistry: Extraordinary Vegan and Gluten-Free Cakes, by Emily Lael Aumiller
- High Protein Vegan Treats, by Matthews & Schroeck
Packaged Vegan Treats on Amazon.com
No matter what you bake, whipped cream is the perfect topping for just about any dessert. It’s also fantastic on ice cream. You can buy several excellent brands of vegan whipped cream. Also, you can also make vegan whipped cream from scratch in minutes using non-dairy sources.